All 7 art Reviews

Ex. Dee!

The Hobo The Hobo

+ Veins look good
Beard texture

- The shading seems a bit random and the hues are really sharp. Gives it that cheap "Gonzossm" feel
His shoulders are really wimpy
The vein on the forehead is too big
The scar design doesn't look deliberate. (make the scar with less jagged angles)
Eyes are too big (if you're looking for a more realistic style)
I'm no critic, but those caught my eye. I don't know about your style of art, but for me (i like cartoony characters) detail: less is more.

Fizzento responds:

yay some explained feedback :D
The vein and scar are meant to be big and exaggerated.
My style is meant to be semi-realistic, with high contrast and shine and ill-ly proportioned
If less is more, I would submit my horrible sketches lol
Thanks for an honest review!

Dr Wile E. Dr Wile E.

You are a god damn genius!

Cucamonga Cucamonga

Hmm... Well it's very easy to see what's going on.

The Matrix Squirtle The Matrix Squirtle

Just watched your Pokemon hoarder. It was really good. This is really cool. It'd make a good club patch or something.

Messy Facial Cream Messy Facial Cream

I don't typically enjoy abstract. I think I like this for it's boobs and that I can actually plainly see what's being presented. I would critique it, but I don't really know how to comment upon abstract.

Voice of Nature Voice of Nature

Not really my interest and the picture isn't all to interesting, but hell if it isn't one of the most beautiful pictures on Newgrounds. This is incredible, the amount of detail is astonishing. From the grass to the horse's ribs. How long did this take you, and what did you use to draw this?

bonbon3272 responds:

I really appreciate your thoughts on this one!

I think it took about a week or so to completely paint it. I sketched it out using the Wacom tablet in photoshop. I tried this new technique where you build up blurred layers using a really feathery brush type. Then I deleted all the excess around the whole body, like giving it an outline almost. I started painting the grass and mountains by hand but decided to go with some photo textures to make it more believeable. Some of the waterfall and rocks I did paint, as well as some of the water. The unicorn is completely painted with no textures added.

I try to use limited pallets as far as color because it's just easier to paint. I start everything in black and white, then add the color later.

Hope this helps if you're tryingn to learn some tips as well.